Thursday, October 19, 2006

My Dream


When i lean in to it, through the crack,
sparkling down there is myself opened,
a diamond hidden within a mine,
the depths nowhere to be seen, fathomless.

With it deep bliss, i sink further into it,
away from this surface, this skimming,
and rest comfy in its immense space.
I recognise this place, of course
For millennia have familiarised me with it

A synaesthesia of colour: deep red, deep blue, pure white
Drown my soul and fill it to the brim
As i close the door behind me
A hand on my shoulder welcomes me back
Once more

And the longing surfaces again,
The longing to be back here, to live this reality
And not this dream
To find this secret stairway in the wall before me
And fall down it head first
To land, the moment my feet leave the floor.

5 comments:

che said...

what a fantastic dream . and more fantastic poem . i luv it !

... Paige said...

Awesome photo to go with your lovely words.

Anonymous said...

I love it nat, such gorgeous words and the picture is amazing

Anonymous said...

YES!!! You’ve captured perfectly the archetypal image of surrender! How brilliant of you to recognize that to get there, one must first find the crack in our illusions and then have the courage to “lean into it.” How many of us have the courage to press into a place which appears fathomless. Good for you girl! Enjoy your well-earned repose.
Dennis --

Anonymous said...

Every poem you write has such resonance, it's the truth written in verse, it's love, it's you darling. Bless you. It's where you came from, where you are going, and where you always are somewhere in your soul x