Thursday, November 23, 2006

Black Flower

Nothing to do with the prompt i'm afraid. I'm not going to explain this poem, (mainly because i don't have time!).... see what you make of it, if you care to. My kind regards to everyone.

Who was i before this dream?
The ground has shaken because of you,
Your black shirt atttractive and soothing,
ripping the foundations from under my feet.

Now i can see that there was a crack there already,
Waiting to be opened up,
By your hand taking hold of mine,
and leading me somewhere i now realise
i have desperately wanted to find,
by your glance, your knowing, the intelligence
bonding to me, weighing down my heart
with heavy bliss.

Your pull is strong,
far stronger than i could have realised.
Aa part of me has awakened, a black flower,
Which was budded deep within,
And its power consumes me, haunts me, feeds me.

Behind me is sweetness,
A love unconditional and tender,
Without thought, without reason.
If i turn back towards it i am softened again,
Yet longing, and without, in its beauty.

8 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

That's a beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing.

yioeng said...

hello natalie, this seemed as a quite personal poem... a personal confession/fantasy/outcome of an experience... whatever it was, it transformed into some wonderful words

afuntanilla said...

vivid and beautiful! thanks for posting

Anonymous said...

gorgeous...

Anonymous said...

The power of romantic love is always frightening, wonderful, and hurts so good! I hate how it squeezes us like a tube of toothpaste and when it lets go, there we are, out of the tube and a mess by the sink. You’re poetry is so real. Great job Natalie! I always feel plugged in after I read your words.

Dennis -

Natalie said...

Thanks for your comments. The poem is definitely about a part of my own self which pulls me go a different direction, a part of me which needs to think and to learn and not just to 'be'. And go my dream these different parts of me were represented by symbols. I would have written this earlier had i had the time! Love, Natalie x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous words Nat, so wonderfully written.

RomanceWriter said...

Sensual and beautiful.