Thursday, September 07, 2006

Poetry Thursday: Blue Landscape

I opened the gate to the blue landscape of my heart
And crawl on, slowly, concentrating.
The leaves wither and retract as i walk past
Once compelling, now anaethetised, withdrawn.

Birds fly up and fill the broken sky
In the distance the sun begins it's quickening rise
I walk now, more assured, across the resistant bridge
And i am home, i can feel that i am home.

I glance behind to catch an outline of myself
Now fading
To turn is to see the prize of my journey.
Brought to me silently, lovingly, outrageously
Other paths disappear in the light of it's glow

A search light shoots overhead
And comes to rest within my midst
It reveals all recognition of this haunting and beautiful place
How did she find me, and how did i ever leave at all

At the cliff i hear the rocks fall into the sea
While the stars align in a dark blue sky
I've left no footprints, scatter ashes around me
And i am home, i've found my blue home

9 comments:

Jim Brock said...

What a wonderful blue journey you take your reader along, and it ends at the perfect spot. Thanks for sharing on this Poetry Thursday!

Susannah Conway said...

ooh, this is hauntingly beautiful baby...

"I've left no footprints, scatter ashes around me
And i am home, i've found my blue home" - just gorgeous x

Madeleine said...

god, i know exactly what YOU'RE talking about and where, my love.
it is your true home i know it for you and one day you will be there, i am sure of it. only probelm is that i will miss you too much.
Nat, that is such a beautiful poem...really stunning.
and so are you by the way.

and yes, i'm back into the blogoshpere at last!!

lots of love,

your sis.
xxx

White Square said...

Hi Natalie,
what a thoughtful poem on the theme blue...great sisters!

mareymercy said...

You really weave the blue all through this, and I like it.

Admin said...

beautiful poem. thanks for sharing.

Rachel said...

Lovely words Nat, you are with creating, like a fish to water.

Anonymous said...

i found you through madeleine; beautiful poem, and i look forward to reading more...

Kerria Japonica said...

Great poem Nat. One day you will resist you no longer. Love you sweetie x