Thursday, August 24, 2006

Why will my computer not let me upload some of my images? Stupid damn thing..

It seems very typical that when I want to post some more of my art, this computer simply will not let me. Uploading jpeg images that are fundamentally no different whatsoever to other jpeg images already uploaded is clearly an impossible task. I really don't get it. Fortunately these ones let me. I hope you like them, or at least appreciate them.

Oh well, here's one anyway which decided it could deal with being moved. It's an extract from 'Higher meets Lower', again it's painted in oil and again in 2005.



'Sometimes Rivers Aren't Always Made of Water'.
2004.

Emotionally and phsically i felt very strange when i painted this piece. I physically cut in to the card i was painting on because i was angry and frustrated. It turned out to be a painting i love because of its raw energy and it's spontaneity. There was no pre-drawing, just layering on of paint again and again until i'd had enough.

3 comments:

Susannah Conway said...

wow sweetie, these are amazing - i think this is the first time i've seen your work properly. i'm going to need to learn some proper words for art appreciation, as all i can come up with right now is... wow :-)

oh, and welcome to the world of blog!
Sx

Natalie said...

Did you like the blog? I've spent almost 24 hours on this damn computer since you were here! I'm glad I have though as I've already found some great pages - check out rachelsimons@blogspot.com, and finally got my art out there. And it's all down to you sweetie, thanks. I love you xxx

Susannah Conway said...

i think it looks fab - you're a natural baby :-) and love the title - v you honey x (i'm warning you - it gets very addictive!)